Learning Center Providing Math Tutors, Reading Tutors, and Home Study Help
- Turning Leaf Literacy Center exists to provide intensive, one-to-one clinical intervention in reading, math, and writing: and academic assistance in all subject matter.
- We consistently and systematically equip all individuals with specific, effective, and research-based tools to empower them to overcome learning and processing challenges so that they may achieve academic excellence.
- We partner with those who value education and we advocate for their loved ones. This provides relief from seemingly unsuccessful methods.
- Turning Leaf team members are passionately committed to excellence as they nurture individual potential.
- We create an atmosphere of loyalty and integrity by inspiring confidence in every interaction.
- Turning Leaf strengthens the community by supporting families and developing confidence in students.
At our learning center instruction is based on an individual’s learning needs and embodies an interactive, balanced approach. Through Socratic questioning, Turning Leaf Literacy Center teaches students to integrate sensory information to help them become self-correcting and independent in all learning skills. The math tutors and reading tutors in our learning center utilize Lindamood-Bell® concepts and techniques. The programs and course outlines listed below will be recommended according to each individual’s learning deficit. While each hour’s activities will remain primarily the same, the complexity of each hour’s activities will gradually increase in accordance with the individual’s success at each level.
Does your child need help with math? Our caring and dedicated math tutors create a fun and personalized environment for students to improve in all math skills including math facts, solving problems, and overall math fluency. Math tutors will help with:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Problem Solving
- Money and Time Problems
- And More!
Reading skills can have a dramatic effect on quality of life and employment. We believe every person can be fluent in both reading skills and comprehension. Our reading tutors can discover your unique reading needs and tailor a fun and creative approach to increase your skills in reading. Reading tutors will help with:
- Phonemic Awareness
- Reading Fluency
- Word Analysis
- Reading Comprehension
- Confidence Reading Out Loud
- And More!
In our learning center students will build study skills to handle homework and classroom study with confidence and proficiency. Our learning center tutors teach fun and creative study skills to help students of any age. Learning in our center will help students with:
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Listening And Comprehension
- Note Taking Methods
- Managing Information
- Study Habits and Skills
- Test Taking Methods
- Habits To Manage Stress
- Study And Test Related Anxiety
- And More!
Our Comprehensive Evaluation Process Includes:
• Gray Oral Reading Tests (GORT-4)
• Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test 4
• Test of Word Reading Efficiency (TOWRE)
• Symbol Imagery Test ®
• Phonological Awareness Test (PAT)
• Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP)
• Test of Mathematical Abilities (TOMA-3)
Using the evaluation results we are able to create and customize an individual plan for each student. This plan is then implemented at a rapid pace incorporating phonological awareness, decoding skills, and symbol imagery in order to reach the ultimate goal of reading independently with accuracy and fluency.